GIM Educational Programs and Activity
Division of General Internal Medicine & Geriatrics
Department of Medicine
University Hospitals Case Medical Center/Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center
Divisional Educational Programs and Educational Activity:
- Geriatric Medicine fellowship.
- Clinical Phase 3 Medical Student Core Clerkship
- Medical Science Training Clinical Tutorial Program
- Medical School Clinical Curriculum Committee
- Several faculty participate as IQ and IQ+ Small Group Facilitators
- Medical Scientist Training Program Steering Committee; preceptor for the MSTP Clinical Tutorial (Type B elective)
- Faculty Advisors, Internal Medicine Interest Group
- Faculty, Center for the Advancement of Medical Learning (CAML)
- Active participation in Scholarship in Teaching Awards Program at CWRU School of Medicine
- David Satcher clerkship
- David Satcher Lectureship Series
- Primary care track medical students
- Participation as Preceptors in PD2 & PD3 Physical Diagnosis Courses
- Medical School and IM Residency Curriculum Development
- Year round Clinical Ward teaching by General Medicine Faculty on 2 Housestaff teams at UHCMC and 2 – 4 teams at the VA.
- Attending Preceptorship in Residents’ clinic at UHCMC and Firm clinics at the VA Medical Center.
- Active participation in UHCMC and VAMC teaching conferences – M&M and Noon Conferences for residents and medical students.
- Cardiovascular Medicine
- Clinical and Molecular Endocrinology
- Gastroenterology and Liver Disease
- General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics
- Geriatrics and Palliative Care
- Hematology and Oncology
- Infectious Diseases and HIV Medicine
- Nephrology and Hypertension
- Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine